Attorney Tony Buzbee, who is representing all 24 of Watson’s accusers, announced Tuesday that all but four lawsuits have been settled and the cases will be dismissed once paperwork is finalized.
“We are working through the paperwork related to those settlements,” Buzbee said in a statement. “Once we have done so, those particular cases will be dismissed. The terms and amounts of the settlements are confidential. We won’t comment further on the settlements or those cases.”
The lawsuits filed by Watson’s first accuser, Ashley Solis, and three other women will be tried “in due course,” Buzbee said.
CNN has reached out to Watson’s attorney Rusty Hardin for comment but has yet to receive a response.
The NFL told CNN in a statement that Tuesday’s “development has no impact on the collectively bargained disciplinary process.”
Earlier this month, Katy Williams, a former massage therapist in Houston, filed the 24th lawsuit against Watson.
Williams says she had two encounters with Watson in her apartment in August 2020. The first session was professional, her lawsuit says, but during the second he exposed himself and engaged in unwanted sexual conduct.
Hardin responded to the filing of Williams’ lawsuit, telling CNN earlier this month, “We are unable to respond to the new lawsuit at this time. Our legal team has not had time to investigate this new filing and had not heard her name until today. Deshaun continues to deny he did anything inappropriate with any of the plaintiffs.”
CNN’s Amy Woodyatt, Jacob Lev and Ben Morse contributed to this report.